X

sv650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sv650

any actual reviews on the sv650..lets say late 90s early 2ks? im thinking about making that my next bike.

I'm under the impression that it's the ultimate bang for the buck bike...

Kinda like a Twin version of the Kat, only a little better at the sporting side.

If you get the nekkid version you get the one piece handlebar and a more upright seating position... Probably the better choice if you want more comfort...
    If you'd prefer to take the S version you'll be getting a good track day tool... Kevin Schwantz uses them at his school... Add on the lower fairing and you get a very nice looking real sportbike...

oh, and put on a D&D full exhaust to get the meanest sounding little twin...
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cx-kR1qkpUo[/YOUTUBE]

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I can't really comment on the SV650 beyond what I have read, as I have never ridden one. I have looked at them and the UM/Hyusong 650's- and they have rearsets that allow the rear pegs to be moved, which might be great on track days.

I would like to suggest that the NAKED version of almost any bike that has a mini-fairing like the Bandit, SV's, etc. may be a better choice than the S version. It comes down to CHOICES:

For touring and foul-weather riding, the mini-fairing is of some help, but you are limited to your choices for windshields- usually it comes down to stock, one or two touring profiles, and the Laminar Lip. If you have the N bike, it opens up dozens of choices- you can go wide ones, narrow ones, tall ones, short ones, flat ones, round ones, black ones, brown ones... oops, scratch those last two- I reverted to a song from the 70's... Anyway, you have a wide choice. You can even tailor your shield to the riding you are doing that day: Sport touring? mid sized. Canyon blasting? Fly screen. City riding? No shield at all...
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Get the FI'd version, 2003 and later.
        (The 650 is better suited to it's frame and suspension than the 1000)

Awesome bike...I'm surprised suzuki doesn't sell more!

Comment

That D&D sounds Wicked on the SV.....They are stout bikes, a had a friend with one...he had the Yoshi pipes on his...but he never had any problems with it...

OHH I'm in love with that Red TL1000 on the other vids listed....that thing just sounds BRUTAL!!!!!!
          Last edited by whitecl0ver; 05-13-2008, 01:26 PM.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Just got a flyer from Suzuki.
            $5999 for the non-ABS version?
            Sounds like a bargain!

Comment

When I was still trying to figure out what bike I Wanted to buy I rode a friend's SV650S for awhile... (it's his "spare" as he bought a SV1K )...I think his was a 2001...

Fun bike. Pulls from down low. Feels smaller than the Kat..hard to describe..and I don't mean lighter, because it IS lighter...just seemed to get thrown around on the Interstate more than my Kat does.

Fun around town...not too picky on gear selection, it has good torque down low. Very flickable. While the longest ride I did was about 150 miles..the stock seat didn't do much for me.

Comment

they are fun. i know a girl with full fairings on hers. it's fun and torquey, and looks sweet faired

i prefer my naked Kat 600, and she likes riding on the back of my naked Kat 600
                1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

SV650's

Check out this website http://forum.svrider.com/

Comment

how does a 6'4 rider fit on one of these? im in the market for a new bike, but looks like the kat fits me best comfort wise

Comment

Originally posted by Ian G. View Post
                      how does a 6'4 rider fit on one of these?
                      Something about a monkey and a football...

Seriously though, I would recommend finding one to sit on, I imagine your legs might be a little cramped.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

haha i have sat on one, but its hard to tell without actually riding it. i felt right at home on the katana, but i feel like i would get bored of the performance. i'm not a n00b with motorcycles (just ss bikes) and the other bikes i was considering were zzr600 (still felt kinda small)....then on the other end of the spectrum i was looking at kawasaki versys, suzuki v strom, and tarded out xr650Ls (my roots come from motocrossin)

Comment

same here.. i'm 6"5 thats why i chose the kat.. it was either that or an fz1.. and it scared me.. i still may get one in a year or so.. but i love my kat too

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson View Post
                            Get the FI'd version, 2003 and later.
                            (The 650 is better suited to it's frame and suspension than the 1000)

Awesome bike...I'm surprised suzuki doesn't sell more!

Comment

When I was at Ft Campbell I used to go riding with a guy who had a SV650s and got to ride the twisties a couple of times. I am 5ft10 and I felt a little cramped. Besides that the bike felt awesome in every other aspect.

If your 6'4 I would like to suggest a Honda VFR 800 as there ergos are almost just like the kat but a much lower center of gravity. These bikes weigh and put out power figures that are alittle higher thent he Kat 750. BUt, the V4 pumps out a bit more torque in the low end and mid range plus the motor and trans are so smooth. I have a 4th Gen Honda VFR 750 and I don't think I could goto an in line 4 again.

Comment

Working...
                              X