X

Fzr 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fzr 600

can anybody give me any infor regarding the FZR 600's? I am looking at an older one (1989) right now for my wife to move up to next year. She is coming off of an ex 250. Anybody have any experience with these bikes?

www.SOARacing.ca

A bit . Crappy Yamaha generator issues . Decent power and handling , though . I'd hit it .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If I had the cash and could find a 400 I'd grab one in a heartbeat.
      Kyle

Comment

The FZR600 is down about 20 HP from the kat 600 of the same vintage. Other than that I have no other info. Why not find her a Katana?

Comment

Originally posted by elkat View Post
          The FZR600 is down about 20 HP from the kat 600 of the same vintage. Other than that I have no other info. Why not find her a Katana?
          already have a Kat in the stable. The FZr is IMHO a better looking bike, and to be honest with you, there is more to motorcycling than the Katana. It would be nice to try out some other makes/models. Life would be pretty boring if all we did was the same thing over and over again. Where are you getting the HP #'s ??? I mean thats pretty significant. I looked a bit on the link posted by woobie, but havn't found the stock HP #'s so I haven't researched any of the specs yet, but the Kat is a pretty underpowered bike to begin with and to knock another 20 HP off of that?.
          Last edited by chinto; 10-26-2007, 07:17 AM.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Been doing a bit of research on the specs, and although I have not yet found anything other than forum opinions the #'s that I am seeing are 75 Hp vs the Katana 600's 80. As for the weight of the bike I am reading that it weighs 395 lbs versus 458 lbs. Do these numbers sound right to anyone? I am looking for a source similar to suzukicycles.org for a good comparison, but haven't found one yet.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Suzuki's Katana has a simple instrument cluster consisting of large, easy-to-read speedo, tach and fuel gauges.Yamaha's FZR shows its sportier edge with its tach and temp gauge separate from the speedo.Obviously, either value 600 will cost much less than top-level sporting machines, but how much bike are you getting for your budget buck?While both the FZR and Katana were competitive racers in the eighties, neither of them can hope to compete against modern 600s in any performance category.

older article but then it's an older bike lol.

BTW specs are on page 2
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...1997-2635.html

older article but then it's an older bike lol.

BTW specs are on page 2
                Thanks man...that's exactly what I was looking for. Looks like the FZR is up on power and torque and down on weight. Should make for a fun second bike for her.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Where are you looking for the bike?

There's a fairingless unassembled fzr 600 on the St Catharines kijiji for $500 plus 2 others , and 2 on autotrader.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the FZR is a full blown sport bike and canyon carver and has the riding position to match it from what I've read. But apparently it corners like it's on rails.
                  Kyle

Comment

Watch out for it being thrashed...
                    I have always liked them and considered one when I was hunting for a bike.
                    All the ones I found were too thrashed though..

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                      Where are you looking for the bike?

There's a fairingless unassembled fzr 600 on the St Catharines kijiji for $500 plus 2 others , and 2 on autotrader.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the FZR is a full blown sport bike and canyon carver and has the riding position to match it from what I've read. But apparently it corners like it's on rails.
                      I saw that one too Woobie. too much work fdor me to bother with right now. The one that I am looking at is in pretty decent shape (at least from the pics). He has it listed on Gtam right now although I have seen it on craigs too. As for the riding position, we'll have to check it out to see what she thinks. Typically her riding time is usually only a couple of hundred kms' per outing tops so it may not be too bad. I'll just let her sit on it and see what she thinks.

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                      Watch out for it being thrashed...
                      I have always liked them and considered one when I was hunting for a bike.
                      All the ones I found were too thrashed though..
                      Thanks for the heads up BP. I'll let you know how I make out when we see it.
                      Last edited by chinto; 10-26-2007, 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Its not a bad bike. I've had one. I bought it as a basket case from a junkyard. Really easy to fix, parts are dirt cheap. The only issue that I had was that the turn signal switch had bad contacts. I bought it for $800 put 150 into parts and signals and sold it to $1700.

So for the alternator problem, I had dirty connections on mine. I think I still have my Clymer somewhere for it.
                        If something is hard its not worth doing
                        1984 Can-Am ASE 250
                        1989 Katana Race bike
                        2001 Bandikat (bandit with kat swap)
                        As the Project build continues

www.azkatriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89AZKat View Post
                          Its not a bad bike. I've had one. I bought it as a basket case from a junkyard. Really easy to fix, parts are dirt cheap. The only issue that I had was that the turn signal switch had bad contacts. I bought it for $800 put 150 into parts and signals and sold it to $1700.

So for the alternator problem, I had dirty connections on mine. I think I still have my Clymer somewhere for it.

If you do have the manual and your looking to sell it, let me know, If I get this one, I like to have the manuals on hand.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I'll see if I can find it.
                            If something is hard its not worth doing
                            1984 Can-Am ASE 250
                            1989 Katana Race bike
                            2001 Bandikat (bandit with kat swap)
                            As the Project build continues

www.azkatriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89AZKat View Post
                              I'll see if I can find it.
                              don't look too hard as we may not end up buying the bike. We haven't even looked at it yet, but if you come across it let me know.

cheers
                              Last edited by chinto; 10-26-2007, 06:34 PM.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X