X

Race Rickey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Rickey?

Yup, I signed up to race Rickey in Las Vegas. If I win the ZX14r, I will donate it to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation to help the kids. If I lose, Rickey can cut my hair and I'll donate it to the Locks of Love program.
    There are five steps in the contest, one of which includes voting for YOUR choice of finalists. If I get that far into the contest, I am asking for your help to get me to the next step! I'll keep you posted as to when/if I get that far into the contest, Thanks!

I'm in...... be sure to keep us posted Jim.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Better start practicing now

Thats awesome, I'd love to get my azz handed to me by Rickey...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Started "working-out" everyday again last week. If I make the cut, and get a chance to race him, that's good enough for me! What the he11, it's a long shot that I'll get through all of the steps/stages anyway...But it might be a once in a lifetime opportunity. My dear old dad used to tell me, "if you don't ask, they can't even tell you no".

Comment

I've seen some info on this over on Hayabusa.org. What will you be racing him on?
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I believe all contestants will use ZX-14r bikes from his school. It's a 3 day event, Friday and Saturday, attend the "Rickey Gadson School". You must earn your NHRA license at the school. You can NOT be a NHRA license holder prior to the school. This is all part of the "steps/stages" you must go through to get a shot at racing Rickey in Sundays eliminations. Part of stage one is proving you have been on a literbike (or bigger) and have sufficient prior racing experience of some kind.

Comment

Why not???? I'm reminded of a quote.....

"Those who risk nothing do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing." Allan David Jefferies.
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Thanks Nino, good quote! I'm motivated. I'm excited, and need to challenge myself. The journey can be the best part of the destination...

Comment

We still have a few more giants to slay my friend.
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

i have met Mr. Gadson a few times in last couple of years. always a stand up guy!

Comment

I hope to meet him as well! I have been fortunate to have met a few champions over the years. The ones that I have met all shared a common focus toward thier goals, an unrelenting work ethic and humility. As a multiple AMA Champion, I'm sure Rickey is a class act.

Comment

I just wanna know where he gets his pinstripe leathers
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Custom suits, I always wondered what that would be like, every uniform I've ever had was either used, or bought on closeout. Nomex or leather. I'm still here, so I got the good out of them...

Comment

Good luck Brother Old Guys Rule

I also see another awesome article coming out of this one as well...

Comment

Thanks Rob, I miss you guys...priority to come see you this year. Oh yea, if it happens, the story will get better every time I tell it!

Comment

Working...
                              X