X

Getting Ready for the Dragstrip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Ready for the Dragstrip

Just Got me a 00 katana 750, i wanna take her to the track to see what she can do just for jokes. Its basically a stock 750cc! lowered 2inches in front, Sprockets and chain for acceleration, shortned exhaust with muffler. What tire Pressure Should i run. And Any Tips or adjustments to help with Times! Thanks

I suggest this: Don't 12 o'clock it, don't stall it, speed shift it, and you'll be somewhere in the 13 second mark, if you get a good, quick reaction time off the tree. Somewhere on here is a thread that Str8poolbanger posted (with videos), of he and I running our 750's at the track this summer.

I wouldn't worry about tire pressure, as the Kat doesn't have really have enough torque to matter.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerboy2000 View Post
      What tire Pressure Should i run. And Any Tips or adjustments to help with Times! Thanks

I run about 12-15 psi in a Shinko Stealth 003.

I ran a Dunlop sport touring tire last year, dont recall which one, and the rear wheel would break hitting 2nd gear once I left the launch pad.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

Some Katana's see track duty. Some owners have multiple bikes. This is the place to chat about track days.

I'll keep you posted for the day i beat your times on my '92. Keep it safe and wear your gear.

Comment

You, the same I do. It will run around 12:5/ 1/4
          LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

Working...
          X