X

2011 Drag Season Starts in 2 Weeks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Drag Season Starts in 2 Weeks

The off season of drag racing has been a tough one. We have all been hit by the economy. I wast able to do all the mods I wanted to tho the Kat, but I did get my son's bike set up.

I ended up installing the Yoshi exhaust I got from brentwoodchris, it cleaned up nice and looks\sounds real good. I dropped the bike to just over 2 inches when Im sitting in it. Regulation requires 2. After spending the cash to get my son's KX85 ready I ran out of money. So I'll run as is.

This season I am running 2 classes. One is 750 Street. That means your bike is registered and inspected and it's heads up. The other is ET.

If I can catch a light with a GSXR I'll beat them. It's only 500ft and they can't use 1/2 the power they have in 500ft. I have the advantage.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Originally posted by BadLuck View Post
    I have the advantage.
    In 500 ft? Yeah...that's barely long enough to get into 3rd gear on a gsxr...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Exactly. The launch and get up to speed is key. You can win crossing the finish line going slower than your rival.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

Glad to hear that you, your son and the bikes are ready to go! Raising cash to go racing is tough even under the best circumstances. That you have found a way to do it is a tribute to your tenacity and commitment to continue. Talk to you soon, Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          I don't think I'd even make it to 3rd on my 750 in 500'. It would probably be a mediocre launch and shortshift into 2nd trying to keep the front wheel down, so basically a 2nd gear only pass for the most part. My Kat is much easier to launch hard without it trying to come up.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
            I don't think I'd even make it to 3rd on my 750 in 500'. It would probably be a mediocre launch and shortshift into 2nd trying to keep the front wheel down, so basically a 2nd gear only pass for the most part. My Kat is much easier to launch hard without it trying to come up.

I'm just starting on 3rd on my Pre-750 when I cross the line. I'm hoping to be a little more into 3rd this yr with the lower profile tire. If that doesnt work I may drop a tooth on the front sprocket. We'll see. Dial in day is the 7th.

Comment

I went -1/+2 with the sprockets on my 700 Fazer, so on that bike I might be well into 3rd within 500'.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X