X

2005 Kat 600...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Kat 600...

I want to do a trackday but I was wondering how it will be on a pretty much stock Kat-600. Everything I have seen shows folks on the best and newest machines and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to take my dailr rider to the track...?

I do not care if the young'uns look at me funny or anything but will there be a big benefit to a trackday on my Sport Tourer Kat?

CHEERS

A lot of us here have done trackdays on our kats. It's not about going fast, just learning how to ride smooth and controlled. Speed is a by-product of riding well.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Well said teddy.

Trackdays are supposed to be about learning technique, remember you're not racing.

There are better bikes out there for it, but you'll be just fine.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Hey, thats just what I was going to say! That Teddy, he's got it goin' on...And you see that picture, he's fast to boot!

Comment

Thanks folks! My squidding 20's and my Old Kawasaki Ninja are long gone (ah the 1990's)....NOW I am going back to the drawing board to learn as much as I can which should = fun and be more safe...

I also want to attend Jason Pridmore's STAR school which I hear is outstanding! Maybe by then I will have a beater track bike like a BMW 1000RR or a Ducati 1098...LOL Err. maybe just another KAT!

Comment

Working...
          X