X

Lookin for a track (OH)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for a track (OH)

So I've been tryin to scratch an itch I can't reach right now because I don't have my bike with me, but I was curious: Are there any tracks in/around the Dayton OH area where a beginner like me can get more experience in a controlled environment (without worrying about cops pulling you over for going "fast" in a parking lot or something). I don't want to race, I'd just like to learn how to handle the kat better. you all know how heavy those things are. How much do track days cost? Any free ones or discounted ones? i.e. military discount? any and all help is appreciated!
    1998 Katana GSX750F
    “If you are not at least a little scared about riding your motorcycle every time you get on it, you should not be riding.”

If you're at Wright Pat, can't you just go up and down the runways?

Comment

I'm fairly sure the Uniformed Services has a way for you to receive motorcycle training. In fact I was under the assumption that you couldn't even ride on base without fulfilling some basic DOD class.

Since it's fall/winter in the North East right now, you won't likely see many classes offered.

Start looking in the spring time for things like the MSF BRC(basic rider course).
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Here are a few websites to look over: www.trackdaymag.com
        Riding your motorcycle on the track is the most exciting and safest way to ride your motorcycle, and we guarantee that a Sportbike Track Time track day event will be unforgettable. A closed circuit course (race track) is the only place you can ride your sportbike and experience the true power and beauty of your machine without worrying about speed limits, traffic, or speeding tickets! Our events are open to riders of all skill levels, from beginners to experts, and our event formats are designed to give each rider maximum time on track and exceptional coaching! Our motorcycle riding instruction will leave you feeling like a better, safer, faster and more confident rider! Check out our track day event schedule for events in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, South Carolina & Wisconsin!

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
          If you're at Wright Pat, can't you just go up and down the runways?
          I have no idea if I can but that would be absolutely insane! I'm gonna ask around.

Originally posted by steves View Post
          I'm fairly sure the Uniformed Services has a way for you to receive motorcycle training. In fact I was under the assumption that you couldn't even ride on base without fulfilling some basic DOD class.

Since it's fall/winter in the North East right now, you won't likely see many classes offered.

Start looking in the spring time for things like the MSF BRC(basic rider course).
          I'm fully endorsed and I completed the BRC so I can ride on base. They have their own training on base but I have no idea how they run it. I'm lookin for some "self training" on the track.

Originally posted by superbike View Post
          Here are a few websites to look over: www.trackdaymag.com
          www.sportbiketracktime.com
          www.midohioschool.com
          Enjoy.
          Thanks for the sites. Ill check em out!
          1998 Katana GSX750F
          “If you are not at least a little scared about riding your motorcycle every time you get on it, you should not be riding.”

Comment

hey man, i live in ohio as well and am looking to track next year possibly. I live in marysville so maybe we could meet up sometime.

Comment

Working...
            X