X

Had the final points race of the season today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had the final points race of the season today

Today was the last points race of the season. My son wrapped up 1st place Jr Youth champion for the second year in a row, his teamate wrapped up 1st place in the Sr Youth class and I got 1st place today in my class. As it looks right now I think I get 4th place for the season. What a year. I am so glad I bought the Katana to take to the track. Going there with my son was fun before, but it is taken to the next level with both of us racing.

For those of you following our progress the tracks website is below:

www.pro109.com

Final points standing should be posted in a week or so.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Congratulations to you and your son on a tremendous season of racing. The memories you and your son now share as a result of the time you shared at the track will last a lifetime! I checked out the tracks website and will refer back to it in a week or so when they post the standings. Thanks for sharing this year, it has been great fun to read about your racing exploits. Are you making any plans for next year yet? Keep us posted!
    Jim.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on the win. Pretty soon your son is going to kick you off the Kat and show you how it's done!
      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
      90 GSXR 750/1216
      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
      sigpic

Comment

Absolutely awesome!!!!!! I can't wait to ride with my son and grandson!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Slofuze; 09-26-2010, 03:30 PM.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

superbike: my respose is long

Originally posted by superbike View Post
          Thanks for sharing this year, it has been great fun to read about your racing exploits. Are you making any plans for next year yet? Keep us posted!
          Jim.

I'm glad there are people following it. I have been quite quiet about what has been going on with the youth team so far, and no it's time to promote them.

First of all thank everyone for there interset. It means alot. Really our racing team isnt about Kats, but about youth. My son is a member of a racing team named Double D Racing. There are 3 boys on the team 10-11 yrs old.

Double D Racing is a youth Racing team that runs a 500 ft drag. They have dominated the Jr Youth class last yr and both the Jr and Sr Class this yr. Double D racing wrapped up 1st place points in both classes yesterday.

Super: Yes, I have plans for the next bike. His current bike might be on another trailer next week. That puts his next bike here. We are looking at a KX80, modified, for the next bike. This is what we did to a KX60, we can do the same thing to a KX 80.

The next 2 bikes will stretch 8-10 inches and dropped and raked. \\\\

Think about a 12 yr old boy doing MPH. That kicks ***.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

BadLuck, those pictures are fantastic! What MPH does KX60 get in a 500 ft? What do you think the KX80 will be capable of?

Comment

Those r great! Thanks for sharing and great job!
              Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
                BadLuck, those pictures are fantastic! What MPH does KX60 get in a 500 ft? What do you think the KX80 will be capable of?

The KX60 is doing 54-55 mph. We're thinking the 80 should hit 70 or so.

My son has been riding the blue PW80 and he is good for about 42 mph. Next year he should be on a KX\YZ\CR 80 too.

Comment

Points are posted on the website:

www.pro109.com

My son is #4 in Jr Youth and I am #11 in Sportsman ET.

Saturday is the last race of the season, "Rumble in the Oley Valley". Its just a bragging rights\money race. It's alot of fun and a good way to wrap up the season. Sunday they have mower races, pit bike races and sh*t house races. Wish I would be there Sunday too, but cant make it.

Comment

Sounds like a fun weekend coming up! Looks like the track knows how to keep folks coming back for more fun.

Comment

Your track sounds like it knows how to put on a good time......might have to convince the wifey to let me take a little road trip to PA!
                      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                      90 GSXR 750/1216
                      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JimG4652 View Post
                        Your track sounds like it knows how to put on a good time......might have to convince the wifey to let me take a little road trip to PA!

Bring your bike and sign up to race. The track is open to the public. It's $15 to register your bike for the year and $30 per class, per day. You can run in multiple classes if you wish. The class I run in usually pays about $150-$100 for first, $100-$75 for second and so on down, depending on how many bikes are in the class that day.

Comment

Went to the Rumble in the Oley Valley race on Saturday. Last race of the season (not a points race) and had a suck day. Both my son and I were eliminated in 3 rounds. Oh well.

Overall, it was a very successful season and alot of fun. Can't wait for next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X