X

Track Day Silverstone.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Day Silverstone.

I'll be doing my third track day and this one will be at Silverstone. I would like to know what tiers I should use on my 03 750. In the past I've used Metzeler Roadtech Z6's. I'm looking for something with a little more stickiness.

Welcome to Silverstone, the legendary home of the British Grand Prix and MotoGP events. Dive into thrilling driving experiences and more. Your adventure begins here!

The new GP circuit should be a blast, cant wait...

Tok

Check out the "Tire-Talk" section under the Michelin thread by Teddy, Steves posted a really informative chart on the different types of tires they have available. I'm not familiar with the Metzeler's, but have had really good wear and adhesion with the Pilot Powers. +1 on Rossi. I envy your opportunity to ride at Silverstone, let us all know how the trackday goes for you!

Comment

Ok guys, I've done a lot of reading and have chosen to go with the Dunlop Qualifiers RR. They were a good price at £180 fitted. I've only just managed to scrub them in for the track and can't believe how quickly they warm up. The front gets really sticky to the touch. I'll let you know how they preform at Silverstone on Monday.

Tok

Comment

Color me jealous! Silverstone, sweet!
        Flog those new Dunlops till they scream!
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
        Black painted seat and rear trim,
        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

The Q2 are good too. Have a ball man.
          Im headed to Cornerspeed school this weekend myself. I am riding my SV though.

Comment

I've got the Dunlop D208's on my Super-Moto. They were the oem tire and when it was time to replace them, I put another set on because I was well pleased with them. Have fun monday, hope you get some pictures to post!

Comment

Working...
            X