X

Streets of Willow, 11/21/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streets of Willow, 11/21/09

I did my first track day with Take it 2 the Track, and I had a blast. I met gixerkat there, and he gave me a few pointers that turned out to improve my riding quite a bit! I didn't get any video of my faster sessions, but Here are some videos of the earlier stuff.

Here's me scarying myself silly in my second session. The track people had patched a few spots and they were pretty slick. At 3:50 or so is where my troubles start.

[YOUTUBE]TBCCT1izzmE[/YOUTUBE]

and a later session, still slow, prior to my meeting Harry

[YOUTUBE]_K3bn-LpYcg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5r8tacPI3V4[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by curseboy; 11-23-2009, 11:49 AM. Reason: video tags

It looked like a lot of fun, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you when I was there yesterday. I don't have leathers so I just dropped by to meet Harry, and hung out for an hour or so over in his pit area.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Great seeing you and your Kat out there!!! Thanks for the props bro but you were doing good before I said anything.!!! Look at the7:28 mark in the 2nd vid and ther *:45 in the 3rd. Trying to show you the fast line through those corners!!!

Hope to see you and John out there again!!!!
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Looks like fun! To bad I will probably never be able to afford a set of leathers

Im content with backroads

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
          Looks like fun! To bad I will probably never be able to afford a set of leathers

I bought my set of leathers for less than a set of tires, right on these here boards. Put a couple of hundred together, it's doable!

Plus my backroads riding is less mental strain riding in full leather as opposed to textiles. And some organizations allow you to run in textiles.

Comment

lol riding off onto dirt was probably just an unnerving as hitting the slick
            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
            [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

I saw you go off (didnt know it was you then) and wondered where you were going Looked like you were trying to head back tot he front straight for a moment.
              sigpic

MSF Rider Coach 27028
              MoPowerSports.com
              Torco
              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

The sliding was a little dramatic but I knew I could ride straight into the dirt and save it: For a second I thought about riding it out on the track but that's when the shaking started.

Watching it on video makes me feel silly, it wasn't really that bad.

Comment

i wanna go ! pm me next time ya'll go to the track! (give me about a month in advance). what do i need to be track ready?
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

Raz, being right there in Yuba City, you should check out Thunderhill in Willows. Much closer and a really awesome track.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

Last edited by curseboy; 11-23-2009, 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Don't feel silly about being save bro. Better to run off than try and bend it in and go down
                        sigpic

MSF Rider Coach 27028
                        MoPowerSports.com
                        Torco
                        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post

uhm, hai!
                          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post

I got my leathers for $80 off of craigslist. They're the ugliest leathers i've ever seen, but they hold up well in a crash!

$100 for used leathers + $150 for a trackday is still cheaper than a speeding ticket and a hospital visit!

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                              uhm, hai!
                              Yeah that was for the ladies

Comment

Working...
                              X