No announcement yet.
X

1/4 mile times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding ability involves Being able to pay attention good reflexes and good judgment. No you don't have to have any of those to ride but those are the three that are going to save you. As far as I know you can't teach any of those.

And as far as career and past time, same thing both functions in life. There are always different levels in each.

Comment

Dude you made that? your not a carpenter thats the work of a craftsmen!
      WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
      We Will Always remember!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks I guess it's just how you look at it. lol In my mind I'll always be just a carpenter. I can bang two pieces of board together though, well maybe not today but tomorrow. hehehe

Anyway if my Kat don't run in the low 9's I'm going to burn it. Shooting for 8.8 it should go faster just not with me on it. Nothing on mine is stock and 1/4 mile only.

Comment

Nice Work!

What did you make that out of? I mean, is it mdf or somesuch that you laminated, or what?
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The cloud is made out of a foam board and the fins on the desk and wall are mdf 1 1/2" thick it's really pretty massive when you get up to it. It is painted with a coadachrome?sp paint that was real high dollar.

Comment

Anyone else experimented with stretchin a kat? I'm jus curious about well the 600 will do with a tune, 14/47 gears, and 110 gas? 1/4 mile tracks are a few hours away...only got 1/8's.... BTW mines 10 inches!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stretched600 View Post
                Anyone else experimented with stretchin a kat? I'm jus curious about well the 600 will do with a tune, 14/47 gears, and 110 gas? 1/4 mile tracks are a few hours away...only got 1/8's.... BTW mines 10 inches!!!
                The Katana will not make enough power to take advantage of an extended wheelbase without a LOT of work, especially the 600. And don't waste your money on 110 octane, it won't do anything for you.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  The Katana will not make enough power to take advantage of an extended wheelbase without a LOT of work, especially the 600. And don't waste your money on 110 octane, it won't do anything for you.
                  +1 If you're worried about picking the front wheel up, just lower your bike. I lowered mine 2" front, 3" rear...it doesn't even try to wheelstand.
                  02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                  90 GSXR 750/1216
                  96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                  87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JimG4652 View Post
                    +1 If you're worried about picking the front wheel up, just lower your bike. I lowered mine 2" front, 3" rear...it doesn't even try to wheelstand.
                    +2...... in a more extreme case, I used to race with a guy that had taken the shock out of his kat and made metal bars to fit in its place. It sat as low as it could without tilting rearward. Front forks he had shortened down so they had just a little travel left. It was track-only, but he launched really high, and it would pop up a couple inches sometimes if it really hooked up, but otherwise, it would just go.

JimG- how did that effect your 60'?
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I've found around half a tenth. I used to be around low 1.8's. Fastest 60' so far has been a 1.73; but I average 1.75-.76
                      90 GSXR 750/1216
                      sigpic

Comment

I've found around half a tenth. I used to be around low 1.8's. Fastest 60' so far has been a 1.73; but I average 1.75-.76
                        Rippin for a streetable kat.....

Comment

Didn't quite make it. 12.08 @ 109.51mph was the best I could get out of it. The cams, header, and rejetting DID help though. On a normal summer day, with temps in the 90's (like it was tonight) my bike would run 12.20's-30's @ 105-106mph BEFORE the mods. So I got about a tenth or two and 3-4mph out of the cams, header, and rejetting. Pretty good for $240, I'd say. Plus, I got the pleasure of beating a couple of Honda ST bikes.

The bike would run faster if I hot-lapped it, so it must be running lean. I'm gonna try tinkering with the carbs this weekend and take it back next Wednesday to see if I can get my 11's.
                          I bet you'd get more than that with a couple of more teeth in the rear.

Comment

Jim how'd you make out?? I'm curious as I've got a pre 750 that I'm intending on dragging next season and would love to hear other stories of "drag kats"...

Comment

Originally posted by rigidone View Post
                              Jim how'd you make out?? I'm curious as I've got a pre 750 that I'm intending on dragging next season and would love to hear other stories of "drag kats"...
                              My pre750 did [email protected], for comparison. Are you going to make it strictly drag, or are you still going to ride it on the street?

Better cams, shorter gearing, lowered, piped and jetted, with a tire that will hook up consistently, you could probably get into the 10's, but just barely. Well, if you're a featherweight, anyway (I go about 135 generally).

If you go full drag (no, not like wearing a dress), drop to 1 rotor in the front. Cut off all unnecessary parts of the subframe. Slam it to the ground. Run a megaphone or open header. Hit up one of many piston manufacturers for an overbore. Air shifter. 2 step rev limiter. And then post up what you run, because I'd be curious to know!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
                                I bet you'd get more than that with a couple of more teeth in the rear.
                                Probably so. I'm crossing the line at 10,500 in 5th gear. I already have a 14/50 setup...I might try a 52T rear sprocket (if they make one for the Kat) when this set wears out.

Originally posted by rigidone View Post
                                I didn't make it into the 11's that weekend, but I made it today I've got a thread in the Pics & Flicks section. When you get yours to the track, be sure to post up! I love hearing about other "drag kats" too....I'm usually the only Kat at the track and the SS guys kinda look at me crooked

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                                Hit up one of many piston manufacturers for an overbore. Air shifter. 2 step rev limiter. And then post up what you run, because I'd be curious to know!
                                I'm going to try that over the winter. I already have pistons and cylinders from an 86 Gixxer 750, I just need to get a cylinder head, piston rings, and wrist pin snap rings. I'd LOVE to go to Wiseco's 771 kit, but that's a lot of coin....
                                Last edited by JimG4652; 10-25-2009, 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                90 GSXR 750/1216
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X