X

Dash bulbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash bulbs

Just a quick question, does anyone know the type of bulb in a post instrument panel? I know they are tiny capless bulbs but I don't wanna strip it apart just to get a part number to order more cos mines in daily use.
    sigpic

I ordered the following and replaced the bulbs in my panel with LEDs.

For the Turn Indicators, Neutral Indicator, Low Oil Indicator, High Beam Indicator : 5 - T1.5-CWHP (Cool white, # 74 bulb type) - $1.95 each

For the Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Clock : 4 - 24-WHP (Cool white, #24 bulb type) - $2.49 each

$2.99 USPS First Class Shipping

$22.70 total cost from www.superbrightleds.com

One note to save you grief : After you have the panel apart, reconnect the wiring harness to it. Insert the first LED and turn the key on. If it doesn't light you need to pull it out, turn it 180* and put it back in. Be sure to check them all. Also, the T1.5's come in their own plastic carrier. It was a SNUG fit to get them into the PCB. Be patient and take your time.
    2005 Katana 750

Comment

So after completing a 200 mile ride today, it is apparent that the T1.5-CWHP (Cool white, # 74 bulb type) I bought for the high beam, neutral, oil and turn signals are WAY too bright.

I ordered the following replacements today :

Qty Product/Options Price/Ea
      1 T1.5-B: Blue $0.88
      1 T1.5-R: Red $0.88
      3 T1.5-G: Green $0.88

SubTotal: $4.40
      Shipping: $2.99
      TOTAL: $7.39

These are the color of the window they are behind and their output is much lower. I'll report back once I get them installed.

The Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Clock : 4 - 24-WHP (Cool white, #24 bulb type) work PERFECT and really look good. They illuminate the gauges perfectly and look white, but not blinding at all. I'm keeping those in.

This picture isn't perfect but it gives you an idea :

Attached Files
      Last edited by B-Man; 01-22-2016, 10:42 AM.
      2005 Katana 750

Comment

Lol. I bought cheap led bulbs and had to use a marker pen to stop the glare!
        sigpic

Comment

Might be worth looking at?

Comment

Yeah, that looks cool. I've gone for green. However, half of my revcounter is flickering so I'll have to pull the clocks again.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X