No announcement yet.
X

92 Katana - No Spark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha yeah, its been sitting for a long time probably leaked gasoline into the motor and also moisture collected over the years. Hopefully

Comment

If it smells of fuel, that is a clue to your problem. Change the oil, let the bike sit in prime for a while the check the oil for the smell of fuel. Possible internal carb leak. It would pour out of there if it were full of water and or fuel.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

When a carburetor sits that rubber/viton tip swells and wont seal well

That might be some of my cranking issue though - Can't crank over fast enough to start?

I drained the oil and it overflowed in the oil pan. There must have been 2 gallons in there or something!!!!

How do you overflow one of these

I think its probably more than 1 gallon ( 4qt) -- hopefully only 6qt or 2gal.

I unseated the 'ignition/not cdi box' and checked that connection and reseated all connections. None of them look spectacular but none have corrosion, old grease, or broken connectors leading me to believe its in the harness.

Ill post up when I figure it out, I have had problems getting the laptop into the garage. Every time I finally get going working on the bike my friends get to playing ping pong in the garage.... then we all play.....

No good

Pictures will be included eventually lol

Comment

Okay... so since winter I have finally gotten back to working on this pig

The carburetor needs o-rings because the fuel floods through the left 2 carburetors. So either the floats seeping by or the o-rings are letting it fly

spark has Magically returned ( warm weather is my guess )

So that is my next step.

Just thought I would update.

Comment

After the coil relay mod, new spark plugs, changing the oil again, making carb boots to connect the airbox the bike runs well!

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

Working...
              X