X

no headlight switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no headlight switch

Just bought this 2000 katana 600 a couple days ago and I just now realized there is no headlight switch on the right side. There is a cover where a switch should be, but I can't get the cover off. My question is what are my options can a switch be added in there? I don't see any disconnected wires. Or will I have to get a whole new assembly? I'm still new to bikes so this throws me off.

Welcome to KR!

There is no headlight switch on the right side.
    Go to the wiki (upper left) and look for service manuals - download the appropriate one. There will be a pic in there that tells what each button/switch does and that'll also tell you what should be there if it's missing.
    You can then get new parts off ronayers.com bikebandit.com etc or just buy a whole control off eBay.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Dimmer switch is on the left side.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Sorry I was mistaken because the owners manual shows a switch there. The service manual didn't tell me much of anything about the lights. I have used the high low switch and I only have high beams, nothing is on when low is selected. Do they come on with the bike? Maybe I need to check fuses?

Comment

Check the bulbs
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Can someone tell me if both sides come on when set on low beams. The bulb on left side of bike is good and there is no power on that white wire. The other side I'm not sure as the connector is melted to that bulb.

Comment

European bikes only run one bulb on low beam, repair the plug, available at local auto parts store. Make sure you use the properly sized bulbs to prevent that from continuing. Dielectric grease will help
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Thank you for the help, yea it's what the bike came with and never worked since I had it. But I've had other situations with cars and cheap "blue" headlights that would constantly melt connectors.

Comment

Working...
                X