Electrical Issue in starting system

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Issue in starting system

I have the same problem he has.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wACr_kOqgoY"]00 suzuki 750 katana not starting - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7X5sLyPpeo[/nomedia]
    sigpic

Check the fuses on the starter relay, that ass didn't even pull in the clutch to demonstrate the no start issue. If good check the clutch safety switch.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Did that...
      sigpic

Comment

Did you jump the large terminals on the relay to verify the starter is not the issue? Did you check that the relay is getting the start voltage when the button is pushed. Did you check the start and run switches?
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

I dont think its getting enough voltage when the button is pushed. I hear the click at the relaly/solenoid and jumping it seems to spin the starter a small amount. I have checked the grounds and all with a meter. (i am still kinda new to electrical circuits so i could be wrong)
          sigpic

Comment

If your hearing the click the relay is getting the start voltage to the relay coil but you get no turn? How's that battery, tested it yet, jumped the bike off a car battery yet? Sounds like low capacity in the battery.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Brand new battery. 12.4v. Haven't tried jumping with this battery. Gonna try that today along with using a thicker gauge wire to jump across the solenoid....
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X