X

headlight issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight issues

I have a short in my harness for the headlight. I belive its right at the connector. That one connector has been cut and spliced so may times that not too many people.want to work on it . Would it be a good idea to just grab a whole new wiring harness or just get rid of the connector and stright wire all the lights, Or.......... replace the connector? I also thought about doing the HIDS converson, is that worth it ... I like the look of it on the other bikes i have seen it done to, just curious. Not to mention I think it would look good on a post Kat.
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

I just cut the plug out and soldered the wires together with some heat shrink.

Comment

I would suggest you swap the connectors, but keep some kind of connector.

After rebuilding a bike that had most of the harness bypassing the connectors and finding that even simple jobs because major wiring headaches, having the connectors is definitely worth it.

GSXFJim posted a few links a while back about online locations that will sell connectors and the lead ends that will clip into them that you can purchase to replace what you got, or to add in for your headlight mod if you wanted.

Oh, and a second wiring harness is a really great and cheap source for wires... jus sayn.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X