X

Wiring harness help needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring harness help needed

Is it possible to jump all 4 wires for the side stand relay to bypass it, if so what colors to what colors. I'm installing a new harness and I believe that may be the issue that isn't letting the bike complete the circuit when I hit the start button. I need the relay, but I can't find one online anywhere and no one seems to be selling them for parts on craigslist. Batt. Is good, I jumped it at the starter and wanted to fire...so I'm pretty sure it's the issue. Also on my harness in the large black clip, near the engine, housing like 8 wires, there is a 12v power wire that is yellow, the diagram seems to show it being for UK only bikes, is this needed for anything or could I use it to hook up my GPS ?

Originally posted by Kat600noob View Post
    Is it possible to jump all 4 wires for the side stand relay to bypass it, if so what colors to what colors. I'm installing a new harness and I believe that may be the issue that isn't letting the bike complete the circuit when I hit the start button. I need the relay, but I can't find one online anywhere and no one seems to be selling them for parts on craigslist. Batt. Is good, I jumped it at the starter and wanted to fire...so I'm pretty sure it's the issue. Also on my harness in the large black clip, near the engine, housing like 8 wires, there is a 12v power wire that is yellow, the diagram seems to show it being for UK only bikes, is this needed for anything or could I use it to hook up my GPS ?

Side stand relay...

New part number 38740-24B10, sells for around $10-15 new.

Used... lots of them... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ms-s23&_sop=15

But they are cheap enough new... well, why risk another bad one?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Good looking on the link. Those are exact fits? And in the mean time, to ensure that is my issue, is it possible to jump it?

Comment

Yes it's possible to bypass it, I did both the clutch and side stand. The clutch switch wires are under the tank and will plug into each other, the side stand will need to be spliced. Refer to the wiring diagrams for your bike.
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Pic from under the gas tank

Ok, so I have 2 yellow wires coming from the clutch, one yellow wire coming from the start button, and one yellow coming from the starter I am confused lol. Basically the clips on these were already chopped off from the electrical tape nightmare I was dealing with before. So I have no idea what to splice into what to bypass that clutch switch. And I am at a loss for bypassing the kick stand...
          Attached Files

Comment

The two wires on the left are from the clutch...the one is dis colored but both are yellow, the the thick yellow wire, is the wire I'm in question about for wiring my GPS up, the yellow wire coming from the group of wires at the top right is coming from the start button, and the bottom yellow above carb 3 is from the starter... Those are the only vacant wires I have, and they have no clips...to many yellow wires...so much confusion...

Comment

So my relay came today, plugged it in, and still getting nothing...

Comment

Maybe it's the starter relay. Check for voltage at the 2 small wires while trying to start. No then safety switches or wiring issue. Yes bad starter relay.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Finally got it to turn over! Wiring harness all wired up, all the lights hooked up, figured out my led flasher, all turn signals are finally flashing, then my led license plate lights went out hahaha oh man!

What I did to fix the start button issue was just hooked up the start button directly to the starter, rather than to the clutch switch, folded the clutch switch levers and taped me up, and tadaaa! Bike turned right over.

Now I just have to figure out the dang license plate light...

To be continued...

Comment

Working...
                  X