X

after market plug wires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after market plug wires

i have 8.8 mm wires that someone else put on with automotive spark plug caps. is this going to work or do they nee resistor caps?

1990 katana 1100

Auto wire a resistive, use7mm copper core, where are the OE boots? Gonna need them also. They do make copper core auto wires also, racing applications.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

no oem boots this is how i got it. trying to get it to run right.
      1990 katana 1100

Comment

Some people......
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Replace the wires with 7mm solid core.

Replace the boots with either OEM or NGK plug boots. The NGK ones work pretty well and are alot cheaper than OEM.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

don't the ngks come in different ohms? whats ohms resistance would i need?
            1990 katana 1100

Comment

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
              don't the ngks come in different ohms? whats ohms resistance would i need?

NGK XD05F

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Fail #2 ... see if you can get a genuine tappet cover bolt to replace that conglomerate mess of bolts, washes and sealant. (The bolts should be flanged which provides the correct spacing and tension at the specified torque.)

Fail #3 ... those enormous hose clamps holding the carbs on - at least check they haven't damaged the boots, seal correctly and don't interfere with the throttle or choke operation.

Good luck ridding your bike of the PO.

Comment

Working...
                X