X

90 600 katana california emiisions model :X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 600 katana california emiisions model :X

picked up a 600 kat from 1990 for 300, previous owner sent me a video of it "running" on starter fluid, so im assuming one cylnder maybe two were firing.
    the reason im posting is because he metioned a wire in the lower end of the bike under a cover that was causing it not to run. possibly a kill switch but not the kickstand one i checked there.

any information or prior knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

The only wire under a cover I can think of is for the timing rotor.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Maybe the neutral sensor is shorted? That doesn't make much sense but
      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

sundays the day i tear into it and try to find what hes speaking of.
        i also have an 88 with stuck valves on the number 3, if the valves are stuck does it destroy the cam lobe on these models?

Comment

Originally posted by UckFaeOuYae View Post
          sundays the day i tear into it and try to find what hes speaking of.
          i also have an 88 with stuck valves on the number 3, if the valves are stuck does it destroy the cam lobe on these models?
          Not nessasarily.... but something you will want to check on. All depends on why the valve is stuck.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X