X

2 more cut wires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more cut wires

From the main harness there are two wires that are just cut and left bare. I see the wires for the turn signals on each side but these two don't seem to go anywhere.

Not sure what was there or why they were cut and left open. The one wire is a Black with White Stripe so that leads me to believe it is a ground, the other wire is a light brown, no stripe.

Any ideas?

more wires.jpg

I'm not near my bike at the monent but had the exact same issue when I picked up my bike. I believe the brown wire is the power feed to the rear turn signal and the black/white stripe is a ground. A test light would confirm this

Comment

Originally posted by moodylane View Post
      I'm not near my bike at the monent but had the exact same issue when I picked up my bike. I believe the brown wire is the power feed to the rear turn signal and the black/white stripe is a ground. A test light would confirm this

yeah, I have a meter, I can trace it.

My rear turns are working now though, so I am not sure if it's the +12 for them. As soon as I solder up the connectors for the rear, I'll wire the fronts.

I'll report back soon.

Comment

I just happened to check my wires while i was installing my seats today. The light brown wire was the 12v feed to the taillamp. Dont know if its the power feed for taillamp or brake tho.

Comment

Originally posted by moodylane View Post
          I just happened to check my wires while i was installing my seats today. The light brown wire was the 12v feed to the taillamp. Dont know if its the power feed for taillamp or brake tho.

That makes sense. The only problem I have is a constant 12V to it even when the key is off.

It's either the tail or brake power. I don't understand why it would be up front and cut though.

The hand brake switch works and is not stuck on, I'll check the rear brake, as a bad switch would give it 12V all the time, but I know cars brake lights work with the vehicle off but not sure if bikes are the same way.

Comment

on my pre the key has to be on for any lights
            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Oh ok i assumed you were talking about the rear of the bike. If your looking at the inside of the cowling at the front righthand side of the bike i have that too. They arent hooked to anything. I dont have a test light or DVOM to confirm if either has voltage or ground. I just filled em full of dielectric grease while i was weatherproofing.

Comment

Working...
              X