X

Flush mount rear signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush mount rear signals

Anyone install any flush mount signals in the rear? Can you post pictures if you have?
    99 Katana 600

There's not really anything at the rear to mount flush with, unless you get an integrated rear light.

You'll still need the license plate bracket to mount indicator nubs on.

Comment

I did but it was on my pre

Comment

i'm thinking if you drilled into the tail fairing.
        99 Katana 600

Comment

If you want to cut holes in the rear and flush mount things, yeah it can be done. Sometimes it looks really good!

However, consider visibility. Those flashers need to be seen from a wide angle, or you may as well not have them.

I'm considering remounting stalks, although my integrated tail is very visible from the rear, from side angles it's not so good. All of that can wait til spring though - I have to get the poor girl running again first

Comment

You might be able to see mine I like how they turned out and still visible
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JSMencer View Post
              i'm thinking if you drilled into the tail fairing.

Used to do that, but realized multiple things...

1. It's a pain in the ass to fix the holes later on.

2. It's extremely likely that they will get/need replaced.

3. They are very likely to get damaged and broken.

Personally I now use and like mini stalks as they are significantly easier to deal with. Mount them to each side of the tag is really easy, and they are small enough to give you the similar cleaner look your wanting.

Mounted this way they flex a bit, so will give instead of breaking. Every time I turned around with the flush mounts on the fairings I was replacing a lens. Oh, you can't buy just the lens... it's the whole unit you buy to get a good lens. /sigh

Additionally they are not in the way when using a bungee for the rear seat.

Finally I don't have to disconnect any wires to remove the rear fairings anymore, and I like that a lot.

I know it's a pre vs your post kat, but... you can see what I mean by checking out the pics in Fred's rebuild post.

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X