No announcement yet.
X

Bulb Number for 96 600GSXF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First measure off the gray lead and the chassis for 12v, to rule out the switch or wiring from the switch, the measure continuity from the black/white to chassis, meter should beep if good. Continuity symbol on the meter should look like a speaker output symbol or a diode symbol ( triangle with a bar over the tip).
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I ended going through the whole wire hardness and two cables i found were for my license plate light that was eliminated by previous owner. no bad wires found. I ended up going to AutoZone and buying a light bulb that'S a bit brighter and burns a tab hotter. stock is 12V 21/5W dual filament they did not have the same one so i got a 13V 26.5/8.3W dual fialament closest one they had. I also changed the fuse from 10 to a 15 and that some how fixed it. I went for a 50 mile ride after and i had no issues. BUT I AM CONCERNED ABOUT RIDING WITH A HIGHER FUSE AND A HOTTER BULB??? WILL THIS AFFECT MY BIKE IN ANY WAY AS FAR AS ELECTRICAL GOES??? THANKS

Comment

Not a problem, In fact you can put the 10amp fuse back in.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X