X

1999 Kat600 Speedo Odom issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Kat600 Speedo Odom issues

Ok. Looking at buying a high K's 99 kat600 that has 2 electrical issues. These maybe related problems.

1 The speedo works for 10-15 minutes after start up and then dies drops to zero. Seller is saying Speed sensor but not tested ??

2 The Odometer is the bike has gone past 99,999 K's. Owner says bike has about 120,000 on it but the odometer has stuck at 99,999. I realize this is probabley used replacement to solve but anyone dealt with this before ??

I realize other issues may pot up with a high k bike but if the price is happy for me I will buy it.
    Thanks GVH

If the speedo works and then stops, I'd check the electrical instrument cluster connection. It's in a rubber boot behind the third eye light. Pull it, clean it, stuff it full of dielectric and put back in

Max odometer reading - as far as I know there is no legal workaround. You can't exactly go round clocking

Comment

how much is ultimately the question. If you get it cheap enough you could always swap in a lower mileage (or km lol) motor in a day or 2 max
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
        how much is ultimately the question. If you get it cheap enough you could always swap in a lower mileage (or km lol) motor in a day or 2 max

Made an offer but missed it.

Comment

Working...
        X