X

No instructions for intergrated taillight on a 99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No instructions for intergrated taillight on a 99

I just got a intergrated taillight from advanced lighting. หีfor my 99 . It came with no directions. It plugs right into brake light harness but there is no plug in for turn signals. Their website is useless ,color code don't match the bike or the kit has anybody used this brand?

Others have had the same issue, they should have something for you. Have you tried to wire the lsignal at all? You should be able to deduce which wires are the signal wires by using the wiring diagram for the brake light plug.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-13-2013, 07:21 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

crap!!!! that reminds me, i have to install the brake light pulser.....
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

No I haven't cut into any wires yet incase I needed to return it. Thanks for the quick reply ill follow up on the info you posted Thanks agine

Comment

just use a meter to locate the signal wires, dont cut it..yet
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

I know which wires are the bikes turn signals Am I supose to wire into the brake light or running light and the kit reads the difference and activates turn signal? Just worried about creating a overload

Comment

should be straight forward wiring , common-running-stop and R/L signals. the light should flash the proper side of the light when the signal is used.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Plenty of threads to help if you use the search function. Try this one for starters. '99 with the bee-sting bum might be different??:

An area to ask questions and share answers on specific projects. New how to's should be started here. No offtopic posts!

Comment

If you need to/decide to cut for the turn signals... please make sure you do so between the plug end and turn signal. Don't cut the plugs off the main harness.

That way you can use the plug from the turn signals to that you can later disconnect things simply if you need too. Also, replacement turn signals is simple... replacement main harness is not.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks ( Didn't mean to rethread but search isn't working don't know if its my phone or I'm a spaz and doing wrong ) ill start splicing after work

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jack View Post
                        Thanks ( Didn't mean to rethread but search isn't working don't know if its my phone or I'm a spaz and doing wrong ) ill start splicing after work
                        try refreshing the page then tap the search, mine does it too
                        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Turns out it was labelled wrong Dennis Kirk tech support did their homework it isn't itergrated at all just a taillight Thanks for the help (time to start shopping agine)

Comment

Working...
                          X