X

LED front signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED front signals

Have been looking around. What are some really good looking led turn signals around for under 20$ for a post kat?

check ebay. But by getting the LED's youll need the resistors so they work properly. Otherwise they wont flash, flash very fast or stay on.
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
      check ebay. But by getting the LED's youll need the resistors so they work properly. Otherwise they wont flash, flash very fast or stay on.
      Yea, was aware of that, the owner before me put on an LED taillamp and as a result I have fast blinkers, but ordered this last night

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UN4FXW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: LED Turn Signal Flasher Relay Suzuki GSXR 600 750 1000 (2000-2010), SV650, SV1000, GSX 650 F, TL1000R, Hayabusa GSXR 1300, Bandit 600 1200 1250, GSX 1400: Automotive[/ame]

So that should take care of those issues. I have been looking at ebay, but there are so many.

Comment

yea that should work. They're basically all the same crap lol just different shapes etc. I ended up buyin my rear set from a dealer nearby an paid WAY too much for the same quality product
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I could never find front LED signal that lit up bright enough, kept the bulb.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1 Junker. I tried LED bulbs in my front pods. Had them wired as white running lights and amber turn signals.

They were simply disappointingly dim with low angles of visibility. Part of that, I think, is the design of the fresnels on the pod lenses. The point LED sources simply don't line up with them well enough for the light to get spread out.

Went back to amber bulbs, much more visible. My rear LED integrated light doesn't have the same problem - looks great and very visible.

Comment

+1, when a made my rear tail LED I made sure there were plenty of them, started out with 62 of them, with the turn signals modded in, it dropped to 56 give or take but add 7 more for the plate light. Back up to 63 total
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Hmm, ok, so anthing that looks better than what is on mine then? I am a bit disappointed they aren't brighter.

Comment

A lot of people use the surface mount type, (flush mount). something like these, which is what I use. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Clear...507980&vxp=mtr
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

It's not a problem of them being bright enough, most LED's are plenty bright enough

The problem is with the lensing. There's no point in having a bright light if nobody can see it from their viewing position.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                      It's not a problem of them being bright enough, most LED's are plenty bright enough

The problem is with the lensing. There's no point in having a bright light if nobody can see it from their viewing position.
                      That depends on which LED your using, focued = standard or wide spread=have lens built into them.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

I designed a LED array myself to account for the viewing angle problem. Using five 10mm ultrabright amber LEDs with two aimed to the side, two to the front and one slightly to the rear makes it visible from any angle. These operate in the stock location as running lights. Ebay had a pair of LED integrated mirrors so I installed those in place of the giant stock mirrors. To make things more interesting I connected them so they operate inverted to fairing mounted lights - when the mirror flashes on the running lights turn off.
                        I haven't seen anything like it on the road so far - even with the huge number of bikes at bike week

Here's another Amazon flasher that looks like a direct replacement:
                        [ame="http://www.amazon.com/TMS-Flasher-Suzuki-Bandit-Tl1000r/dp/B00657M1KE/ref=pd_sbs_auto_3/182-0792656-2087557"]TMS LED Flasher Relay for Suzuki Gsxr Bandit 600 1200 1250 Sv GSX 650 1000 1400 Tl1000r : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]
                        Last edited by mektek; 10-04-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Yay, the module worked well. Now to find a set that I like.

Comment

Working...
                          X