X

Any idea of what this is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea of what this is?

2000 GSX750F, just bought today. Trying to figure out why the speedometer isn't working and found this under the seat. It attaches to a little pushbutton. Any clues?
    Attached Files

Where do the wires lead to, speedo healer?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

3 wires in the red shrink that leads into the harness here. And a picture of the pushbutton. When you push it a red led lights up on the module itself. When the key is on the module flashes. Appears to have a pattern of some sort.

The guy I bought it from was the brother of the owner, who was killed in a auto accident last year. So unknown from him.

Thanks for the speedy response.
      Attached Files

Comment

Alarm and or ignition kill. Any name on it.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

None. Though brother swears up and down that it has something to do with fuel system enriching/lean. But that doesn't make much sense too me. Considering that its carb.

Really scratching my head on the switches. 1-6 on or off. hmm. I wish there was at least a manufacturer name.
          Last edited by AnthomX; 09-12-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

The switches tell me it's for coding for a remote. might be Lojack of some sort. which aren't badged either.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

I had an after market rev limiter that you adjusted the max rev limit for with a switch exactly like that. 1-6 switches, wich worked as a combination for the RPM range options.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                Where do the wires lead to, speedo healer?
                You are a genius, I just looked into the speedohealer a bit more and i am about 100% sure that that is what it is. Thank you!

Comment

I checked and sure enough it is a speedohealer, and the complaint i had earlier about the speedometer sas fixed as well! Beauty!!

Comment

I'm glad you found out. I was going to warn you that it might be a rocket launch igniter (outlawed years ago on street vehicles) and you don't need that kind of trouble for sure.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                      I'm glad you found out. I was going to warn you that it might be a rocket launch igniter (outlawed years ago on street vehicles) and you don't need that kind of trouble for sure.

For sure. Perhaps I will stop pushing buttons that I am not familiar with. Ejection seat? hmmm.

But I suppose you will only find those on helicopters.

Comment

Working...
                      X