X

Stebel Air horn failure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stebel Air horn failure

I installed the horn vertically on the left side of the headlight frame on my '06 Kat. Grounded properly and it worked like a charm, for about 3 months. Then today, doing a pre-trip on the bike, lights etc...horn...nada. The relay is installed under the seat, nice and dry. Fuse is good checked for continuity, wires are clean and secure. Continuity tests show each of the 4 lines are good. Relay clicks when horn button is pressed. Removed the 'trigger' wires from the horn and plugged in the old horn, works well.

Anyone out there experience this or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Korey

Are you sure it's an air horn? There would be an air pump, or is it a diaphragm horn with trumpet on it. Was it pointing up? Moisture may have corroded the diaphragm. Can you disassemble and clean it.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I don't think the quality of their product is all that great
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

air horn

This is a pic of the horn on it's side.I have it mounted 90deg counter-clockwise, horn is pointing down. I am picking up a new relay this morning to give that a try. I would hate to see this thing die, it is perfect for getting someone's attention.

Comment

you can buy them at CTC BTW

you can test by connecting directly to a battery
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

They are not the most reliable of horns, which is why I eventually passed when I was researching them. Too delicate for the bump and rattle world of street bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat101 View Post

This is a pic of the horn on it's side.I have it mounted 90deg counter-clockwise, horn is pointing down. I am picking up a new relay this morning to give that a try. I would hate to see this thing die, it is perfect for getting someone's attention.
              that's a cool horn, how far will the design let you tear into it?
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
              X