X

ignition problem i think? any ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition problem i think? any ideas

hey i bought my very first bike a couple weeks ago a 2003 gsx600f katana, the guy i got it from said it would need a fuel peck cock cause it keeps stallng out, me and my older brother took the fuel filter an the peck cock out
    and they both look fine no clog's. Basically the bike would start and run for about 10 min but then stall out, i took the spark plugs out couple of days ago and cleaned them an now it wont start so i was thinking it might be the ignition coils does anybody have any ideas or had this happen to them?

If it started, the ignition is fine. Check the petcock for proper flow, if it flows correctly then it's time for carb cleaning.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

thanks 92xjunker for your responce i hope its that simple just to clean the carbs. i think im going to buy the suzuki shop manual to since there is no heynes or clymer manual for 03 gsx600f's

Comment

got my bike to start yesterday i tested the ignition coil at the coil it was 11v when it was running tho i tested the wires to the plugs and noticed that wires to plugs 2 an 3 were not firing solid like it would fire for a couple seconds then stop so its got to be an electrical problem. but like when i first got it it would run for 10 min or so then start to stall out so got to clean the carbs to

Comment

Working...
        X