X

Ignititon wiring issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignititon wiring issues

So, when i first got my katana it had some issues. The guy who had it before me got it stolen from him. He got it back and the ignition was wrecked with a screwdriver. it was stuck in the on position. Until today there was a switch hidden in the fairings that i used to turn it on. Well i got around to installing the new ignition and when i unhooked that toggle switch, nothing. If i leave the switch on and the key out the clock and fan stay on. The switch was connecting the Battery (+) and the (+) on the wire off the fan. Its a little confusing, but I want to know what i have to do to get my ignition to work right.

Originally posted by Match3tt View Post
    So, when i first got my katana it had some issues. The guy who had it before me got it stolen from him. He got it back and the ignition was wrecked with a screwdriver. it was stuck in the on position. Until today there was a switch hidden in the fairings that i used to turn it on. Well i got around to installing the new ignition and when i unhooked that toggle switch, nothing. If i leave the switch on and the key out the clock and fan stay on. The switch was connecting the Battery (+) and the (+) on the wire off the fan. Its a little confusing, but I want to know what i have to do to get my ignition to work right.

If they hacked the wiring harness, the simple answer may be... swap it too.

Otherwise, your probably looking at tracing down the entire harness for any modifications that they may have done.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thats what im thinking. You also replied to my post awhile back about my odometer and speedo issues, im thinking that will solve those problems as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        If they hacked the wiring harness, the simple answer may be... swap it too.

Otherwise, your probably looking at tracing down the entire harness for any modifications that they may have done.

Krey
        +1 and ditch the fan too...
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
          +1 and ditch the fan too...
          Are they really even needed?

Comment

No, it just drains the battery. It's a smog device designed to cool the carbs and reduce fuel vaporization into the atmosphere.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

okay, so is the clock supposed to remain on when the key is out?

Comment

Working...
              X