No announcement yet.
X

Security System

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure to check with your renter's insurance on how and if it covers your bike if something DOES happen.

I was assured that my renter's insurance covered our bikes until my ninjette was stolen. If it had been on the patio (which wasn't allowed by the landlord) or had not been tagged, the renter's insurance would have paid. Since I had just renewed the tags and it was in the designated vehicle parking area they ruled it as a motor vehicle and not personal property, so not covered.

A month later we bought our house. I grilled every potential insurance company thoroughly about where the bikes are and are not covered by our HO policy in the event of a theft.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

How about the easy solution, one of THESE with a compatible bike cover. It's not fool proof, but if the criminal doesn't know it's there, then it will make enough noise to either scare them off or alert you.

In between that and decent insurance, you should be golden.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
        How about the easy solution, one of THESE with a compatible bike cover. It's not fool proof, but if the criminal doesn't know it's there, then it will make enough noise to either scare them off or alert you.

In between that and decent insurance, you should be golden.
        Yea I looked into that same unit but I saw a lot of poor reviews that it barely made noise after long time.
        - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

I have 4 surveillance cameras an a dvr with motion sensing an night vision that I got from walmart.com for about $250. Best investment in security yet

oh an a shotgun at my bed as the next step lol
          Last edited by crazycraven420; 07-18-2013, 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I payed less for my alarm with 2 remotes than that cover alarm. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by muffinman View Post
              I payed less for my alarm with 2 remotes than that cover alarm. LOL
              Link?
              - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

This is what I use to secure my Nelson Riggs cover, it makes it a real hassle to remove the cover and that alone can be the deterrent.
                AllPadlocks.com is the online padlock, security hardware, and safety lockout superstore from Philadelphia Security Products. We are an industrial distributor and wholesale supplier representing the product lines of leading security hardware manufacturers including Master Lock, American Lock, and Abus Lock.

The suggestion of security bolts on the slip on is a real good one. Alarmwise I recommend Scorpio alarms, they start at $135.00, are easy to install and very accurate with shock and motion sensing and most trigger their remote so no matter where you sleep you will be notified.

Comment

I need a security system, just got my brand new fairings ruined because people think its funny to mess with bikes.

Comment

Working...
                  X