New Bike to me...Neutral light issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bike to me...Neutral light issues

Guys and Gals,

I am new to the site and recently purchased a new to me 2003 Kat 600, this bike has 1800 miles on it. I got it home yesterday, pulled everything off the bike and cleaned it thoroughly. Today once I had everything reinstalled I took it to the local gas station and put some fresh gas in it, everything worked well. However when I get back on the bike to leave the store my neutral light is not illuminating. I thought it was just the bulb, but I tried to start the bike as I normally would with the stand down in neutral and nothing. Any suggestions on where to look for answers? Where is the neutral detecting device located? And how can I trouble shoot this, like I said it worked when I started the bike the first time, just not after shutting it down??

If it won't light up Neutral - pull the clutch in, kick the gears down as far as it will go, clutch out gently, and rock the bike forward. Hopefully it will mesh in and the bike will halt.

Half step up on the shifter, pay close attention to the light. It may just blink briefly if you move it up into 2nd. The same thing may happen on the step back down into Neutral - so watch the light. Happens to me a lot

Comment

I went in and removed the relay box and found corresponding wires, traced them back to the sensor and made sure everything was connected even though I did not disconnect anything, turned the key on and there it was? Maybe just a loose connection somewhere. Thanks for your input, sure this wont be the last question I have about this bike.

Comment

Neutral lights can be strange beasts

Comment

Had the same issue sometimes it would work sometimes not. I found i had a bad spot in the wire so i replaced it havent had any other issues

Comment

Working...
          X