NO START all of a sudden!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO START all of a sudden!

So i have a question,

MY bike always ran fun when jumping it since its had a bad battery , i strapped it down on my trailer today took it in for MVI , and had the front tire changed ....

brought it home , went to fire it up by boosting and the damn thing wont start... any idea? ignition fuse is good..

its really dark out and ive got several bug bites i had to come hide inside for a bit .... I need this thing to run so i can drive it inside i cant push it hard enough to get it up over my step into the house dont want it stolen out there either wish i knew where to start trouble shooting the damn thing !

To ask the dumb question, is the kill switch on?
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!!

Current rides
    1993 Suzuki Katana 600
    1981 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Comment

How did you secure it while on the trailer?

Check the kill switch and starter button by taking the right cluster apart - I've seen bikes tied down with straps on the bars - snapped the mechanism inside

Also check the battery connectors didn't come loose

Ignition fuse may be good - but is it getting voltage?

Check wires under ignition. Check main green fuse under fairings on left hand side.

Comment

Side stand down while in gear?

Comment

Jumping a bike with a car is never a good thing. When you do that, your putting MUCH more than 12v into your wiring harness. The bike has a circuit breaker as a way to protect your bike from voltage spikes. Press it down and you should be golden. Its the small square thing connected to your battery holder right next to your turn switch generator. It has a clear plastic cover over it with a red dot on it. Check to see if that is the reason it wont start.

Comment

Working...
          X