Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike dieing / stalling

Right complete mind**** here.
    1991 GSX750F.
    Gonna bullet point it as im that wound up im having trouble keeping my mind focused.

Bike will start from cold runs fine on all 4.

Bike stalls randomly and will not immediately fire up again.

It eventually starts after being turned off and on repeatedly for a few mins.And runs fine on all four and revs up ok but it will die again usually within about 2 mins.

The earth wires are both good checked visually and with a multimeter.
    I did the coil relay mod over a year ago checked it and its all good over 12V cranking.

Ambient temps are only 55/60 where i live so i doubt its over heating and the way it just stops running isnt consistent with heating issues.

Scratching my head here as i cant think of anything that can explain this.
    Growing to hate this machine ...just one problem after another and not a month has gone by where it hasn't been off the road for repairs

Originally posted by fireyphoenix1989 View Post
    Right complete mind**** here.
    1991 GSX750F.
    Gonna bullet point it as im that wound up im having trouble keeping my mind focused.

Bike will start from cold runs fine on all 4.

Bike stalls randomly and will not immediately fire up again.

It eventually starts after being turned off and on repeatedly for a few mins.And runs fine on all four and revs up ok but it will die again usually within about 2 mins.

The earth wires are both good checked visually and with a multimeter.
    I did the coil relay mod over a year ago checked it and its all good over 12V cranking.

Ambient temps are only 55/60 where i live so i doubt its over heating and the way it just stops running isnt consistent with heating issues.

Scratching my head here as i cant think of anything that can explain this.
    Growing to hate this machine ...just one problem after another and not a month has gone by where it hasn't been off the road for repairs

2 possibilities off hand...

1. fuel flow is limited and your carbs are running out of gas, but refill after sitting a moment.

2. fuel is leaking past the float needles and you have fuel in the oil. when the bike warms up some, it overly richens the engine and causes it to quit. As it cools, this reduces the issue till it gets warm again.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Perhaps the coils?

After they warm from use they might be failing, cooling while the bike sits only to repeat sooner the next time as they are already warm.

FWIW

Comment

Both coils are new.
        Might try an oil change just in case that's the issue.
        I know the carb needles are good too ....damn this bike infuriates me .

Comment

You'll be able to tell if there is fuel in the oil, just smell it. Check the Petcock? Check the tank and screen. No fuel filters right? Kinked fuel line or soften hoses kink under heat.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Pulled the plugs and read them yet?

Perhaps do a cold start, run it till just warmed up then shut it down. Pull and check the plugs then, see what you read into them.

All good? Then move on to the next step.

Do the same as above but run it till it pulls it stalls and then pull and read the plugs. Checking for bright white insulators, melting, soot, oil, etc.

Comment

Yeah will do plug check when i replace the fuel lines, need to get the motivation to do it as atm ....i just cant.
              I had this bike apart at least 40 times this year and i have spent about 3 x more time fixing it than riding it now ...i just cant enjoy it knowing its gonna play up again some time soon of its own accord

Comment

I had this bike apart at least 40 times this year and i have spent about 3 x more time fixing it than riding it now ...i just cant enjoy it knowing its gonna play up again some time soon of its own accord
                Trust me I felt the same way about my 600 all winter and half of spring spent tearing apart and putting together but the satisfaction you get from riding what you have brought back from the grave is great just keep it up.

Comment

Yeah will do plug check when i replace the fuel lines, need to get the motivation to do it as atm ....i just cant.
                  lol only around 40? thats amateur work. just kidding, but i know how it feels. I've been working on mine for about a year and refuse to ride it without it being completely ready. I've changed almost everything on the bike.

Good luck figuring it out. Fuel hoses are definitely finicky.. make sure no fuel filters and no kinks (i ended up getting oem hoses)

Comment

Working...
                  X