X

2 Batteries??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Batteries??

Im going to install an audio system on my pre. I have a set up from ebay that should work fine but I need a little more bass. Im thinking about installing a small amp and sub 100-200 watts. My question is can and should I use 2 batteries or would 1 good quality battery be better? In help?
    sigpic

.....all I can say is why bother?...use an intercom to play your tunes...or buy a car...you will have weight issues and space issues...police issues..lol....
    I'm outa here

Comment

Like manqu said why ? like putting two house speakers on your bike and driving around saying, Hey look at me /I'm an #%%hole. Speaker systems built in are for the Harley Davidson Boys, Keep the tunes in inside your helmet its much easier .

Comment

unless you are driving around town you likely wont be able to hear it unless you plan on wearing a puddin cup helmet
        I put a system on my buddies cruiser for him and last season new speakers again
        Its tough to find quality ,high wattage ,water resistant speakers
        My buddy often plugs his Ipod in to the head unit so he likely could have just wore ear buds

I love music bud hate wearing ear buds so I dont bother

When I installed buddies I relayed the head unit(sony I think) so it powered down with key but still had memory for the display/ presets
        No amp
        He says with heated grips ,stereo and driving lights it can tax the charging system at idle according to his dash volt gauge
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I've only heard 2 in helmet options, neither was very good. There something out there that actually works?
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
            I've only heard 2 in helmet options, neither was very good. There something out there that actually works?
            ive always just worn headphones

Comment

Originally posted by Million$ View Post
              Im going to install an audio system on my pre. I have a set up from ebay that should work fine but I need a little more bass. Im thinking about installing a small amp and sub 100-200 watts. My question is can and should I use 2 batteries or would 1 good quality battery be better? In help?
              The only reason you would need a second battery is if you plan on having the music play when the bike is not running. In that case, I would strongly suggest a secondary battery so that your always able to start the bike on the primary. This is because the Kats are super sensitive to low power to the coils for cold starts.

If your not listening to the system when the bike is not running, then as long as it does not have a small draw when they key is off... you should be fine with just 1 reasonably good battery. The reason is your power is primarily going to be drawn from the alternator for the system, and the battery is a component there to help "regulate" that.

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
              unless you are driving around town you likely wont be able to hear it unless you plan on wearing a puddin cup helmet
              I put a system on my buddies cruiser for him and last season new speakers again
              Its tough to find quality ,high wattage ,water resistant speakers
              My buddy often plugs his Ipod in to the head unit so he likely could have just wore ear buds

I love music bud hate wearing ear buds so I dont bother

When I installed buddies I relayed the head unit(sony I think) so it powered down with key but still had memory for the display/ presets
              No amp
              He says with heated grips ,stereo and driving lights it can tax the charging system at idle according to his dash volt gauge
              Unless you have an aftermarket and loud exhaust, there would be no issues on hearing it.

Most of the bike charging systems do not charge under 2k rpms really... Even the Kat if your checking to see if it's working, the suggested lowest rpm to check is 3500 rpms.

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              My wife has a helmet she purchased with blue tooth/speakers built in. Works really well for her, and she uses her phone to listen to music with it sitting in the tank bag via the blue tooth connection.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thx Krey. Do plan on listening with engine off. Might mount car battery on ext swingarm.
                sigpic

Comment

If your going to add another battery make sure you put a battery isolator in, if you don't you can end up killing your batteries, witch can shorten the life of them, If you need a visual look at diesel truck that run 2 batteries its the same idea but with a smaller batteries. I don't under stand why you would want to do this??? But hey its your call.
                  1993 gsx750f Streetfighter

If its worth doing, its worth over doing!!

You'd never have a motorcycle policeman out on the Indian reservation.
                  Alex Cox

Comment

Working...
                  X