Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Bought a whole new headlight setup, will it connect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a whole new headlight setup, will it connect?

So I purchased a Hesa Fire headlight for my Kat in my quest to turn it into a street fighter. The headlight has a 3 prong connection, and I didn't see any place to plug it in when I took the headlight/gauge cluster apart today. Am I missing something? What will I need to do in order to connect this new hardware to my current wiring? I have a 2002 GSX600F, btw. Thanks in advance, and sorry I'm kind of a newb still with this stuff.

Here's a picture of the new headlight connection.

Should plug in right where your old bulb did.
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

+1
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have the same headlight. Plugged right in

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by TheChariot77 View Post
          So I purchased a Hesa Fire headlight for my Kat in my quest to turn it into a street fighter. The headlight has a 3 prong connection, and I didn't see any place to plug it in when I took the headlight/gauge cluster apart today. Am I missing something? What will I need to do in order to connect this new hardware to my current wiring? I have a 2002 GSX600F, btw. Thanks in advance, and sorry I'm kind of a newb still with this stuff.

Here's a picture of the new headlight connection.

http://i.imgur.com/dsiU88q.jpg

Your bike has 2 options for you to plug it into. That section of harness though is a small separate section that can be disconnected from the main harness... Connects to the main harness with a white 6 pin connector plug if I remember right. Perhaps you disconnected that in your disassembly (or someone else did) and set it to the side.

Looks like this...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have to give it a closer look, I must have missed something. I Appreciate the help!

Comment

You will have to splice into your lowbeam for the halo though

Comment

is the halo necessary? Can I just plug it in and have low and high beams?

Comment

No and Yes

Comment

Working...
                  X