X

LED How-to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED How-to?

I saw someone make a reference to a How-To for using LED turn signals, but I have been unable to find such a thing. Can someone direct me (either to the thread or just in how to make the switch to LED's)?
    My Bikes/Current: 1989 Suzuki Katana 750, 1980 Honda CB900C, 1973 Suzuki TS100, 2007 Yamaha Vino. Former: 1981 Honda CB650, 1982 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim, 2001 Yamaha V-Star, 1980 Yamaha 400, 19?? Suzuki Madura, 1974 Triumph T140E.

Originally posted by Folsoml View Post
    I saw someone make a reference to a How-To for using LED turn signals, but I have been unable to find such a thing. Can someone direct me (either to the thread or just in how to make the switch to LED's)?
    I may have a brand new, never used flasher relay from Napa that I believe is for LED flashers.. I bought the wrong one and couldnt return it (I bought it from a store approx 80 miles away and threw away the receipt and box). Let me verify which one it is, and if it works and you want it, you can have it for 10 dollars shipped. It cost me approx 20. I believe the wiring is the same, but that you need a relay in between to handle the load difference. Also, IIRC, the relay i have can be used for 2 or 4 lights.

Comment

all you need to make the LED's flash is an electromechanical flasher. i was actually putting on LED turn signal lights on a cbr 125 today. if you use a regular thermal flasher/relay, the lights wont flash properly as LED's dont have enough resistance for the flasher to heat up enough to, well, flash. an electromechanical flasher uses an internal "timer" of sorts, and doesnt use the resitance of the circut to make the lights flash, so its perfect for LED's

this is the one you want or any 2 prong flasher labled HD12 like this
      Last edited by boomer_95; 04-19-2013, 05:18 PM.
      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
        From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
        Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks!
          My Bikes/Current: 1989 Suzuki Katana 750, 1980 Honda CB900C, 1973 Suzuki TS100, 2007 Yamaha Vino. Former: 1981 Honda CB650, 1982 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim, 2001 Yamaha V-Star, 1980 Yamaha 400, 19?? Suzuki Madura, 1974 Triumph T140E.

Comment

I have a heavy duty electronic flasher ep27 from NAPA. let me know if you are still interested... lol

Comment

Working...
            X