Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What Is this should it be connected to something???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is this should it be connected to something???

Took my fairings off to remove my stickers and wax them found this disconnected plug near the front blinker disconnect on the right side..should it be connected to something?? Or did the po have something extra hooked up?? It has 4 wires going to it red,red/white,black,black/white..Thanks in advance for your help..ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366059884.902679.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366059909.023152.jpg

There's a wiring diagram on the site. Try google search "katriders wiring diagram".
    It might help you.

Comment

that's for california emission related fan
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
        +1
        Not used on your bike, but an excellent place to draw power from, for things like heated grips or phone/gps.
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
          +1
          Not used on your bike, but an excellent place to draw power from, for things like heated grips or phone/gps.
          that is fused with the ignition. don't recommend using it except to trigger a relay. I used mine for a gps and popped the fuse. bike cut off.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

that is fused with the ignition. don't recommend using it except to trigger a relay. I used mine for a gps and popped the fuse. bike cut off.
            Used it for heated grips trough two seasons and never had any problem with it. Have I just been lucky?? As far as I have seen, it is pretty common to use this as an auxiliary power source.
            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I used it for my Illumglo gauges... works good for that.

Comment

Nonsense! That's for the integrated frabjulator. You've got to get that reconnected at once!
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  Nonsense! That's for the integrated frabjulator. You've got to get that reconnected at once!
                  I removed my "integrated frabjulator" the second I purchased my bike, and the epa/dhs/fbi all sent people to my house to make sure it was connected again ASAP!

Don't do it man!

Comment

Should that always be on? I was under the impression that it came on when the key was turned, but mine is always live, giving between 12V & 14V

Comment

well that doesn't sound right...id check near the battery an see if anything was hard wired for constant feed
                      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Thanks Crazycraven

I thought it didn't sound right, but I'm still new to this. I'm away for the next few days, so will have a play around with the multimeter when I get home

Comment

1. The fan is supposed to keep running for a while after you shut off the ignition.
                          2. This is usually done by supplying with constant +12v and switching the ground through a temperature switch.

Check the wiring diagram for your bike before you go nuts with a multimeter.
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            1. The fan is supposed to keep running for a while after you shut off the ignition.
                            2. This is usually done by supplying with constant +12v and switching the ground through a temperature switch.

Check the wiring diagram for your bike before you go nuts with a multimeter.
                            Good point Bill, so to use it as an aux power source you can just let it run intermittently as the fan would or run a new ground but then its constant feed correct?
                            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by Tippon View Post
                              Should that always be on? I was under the impression that it came on when the key was turned, but mine is always live, giving between 12V & 14V
                              I think that depends on which connectors you are using. If I remember correctly one is always on and one is switched with the ignition.
                              2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Working...
                              X