Red toggle switch on fairing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red toggle switch on fairing?

Hi everyone,

Bought my Kat750 a few weeks ago and noticed a red rocker switch mounted on the backside of the fairing but it's not wired to anything. I did see something similar on another bike so wondering if this is common and has a specific function. I'd remove it but then I have a nice rectangular hole

Thanks!!!

Jeff

Pics? The only red toggle switch I know of on a stock bike is the engine kill switch on the right control pod. It sounds like some bad idea a previous owner had.

Maybe they installed a hidden ignition toggle as a security feature?

Or maybe they'd lost the keys and bypassed thee ignition?

Or, I have seen this myself, it was/is stolen and they bypassed the ignition with the switch because they didn't have a key. My Ninjette came back with an extra ignition toggle or two after it was stolen.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll provide a pic and see if I can trace back any wiring/electrical tape.

Comment

Here's the rocker switch pic

Here's the rocker switch I was talking about.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bungles750 View Post
          Here's the rocker switch I was talking about.
          I believe that turns on and off your flux capacitor. Dangerous stuff.

Comment

It most likely that someone installed some led lights on it or something along that line. Guess you can always take off the fairings and follow the wires

Comment

It's not stock. POs do lots of crazy shit. If it isn't connected to anything, don't worry about it. Or, connect something to it yourself.

Comment

That is the exact spot I put the switch for the heated grips on my Kat, just saying....
                2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Id go for:
                  4 way flasher, heated grips, powering on the cigarette lighter socket.

since its there, use it
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone. Great feedback.

Comment

I had a switch JUST like that on a ZX-750 I had. The previous owner hooked up under-glow lights on the bike and controlled them through the switch.

It took about 3 minutes for me to pull the lights off and I used the switch to run an aux power port for my GPS unit.

WIS750

Comment

Thanks and I'm sure it could be used for a bunch of stuff. Just hanging there right now

Comment

Working...
                        X