X

Starting problems...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting problems...

Hello all, I'm quite new to this forum thing but I am hoping to get some help from anyone..
    I have an 03 katana 600.. bike was working fine until last night, I recently put some Hids in a few weeks ago.. straight plug and play.. havent had a problem until i was riding home last night and noticed when i shifted the clutch lever hits the "pass" button and makes one of my hids flicker off.
    I realized this was my "problem" and put everything back together only to find that it wouldnt fire up.
    I have power to my headlights and everything else, but i dont hear the starter when i go to hit the start button. I know it must be a fuse or something but i'm curious to know why this happens when i hit the pass button?
    I'm pretty horrible when it comes to this stuff, can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I've glanced at a few of the fuses under the seat, but my gut is telling me it might be my starter fuse?
    Any help here would be great.
    Thanks

The pass button is meant to cuase the hi/low beams on normal lights to pulsate between the 2 settings.

HID generally take a moment and alot of power for them to power up.

I would guess that the attemp for the pass button to switch it on/off so quickly caused an overload of power draw for the ballast on the HID.

Just a guess...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Makes sense.. My lights and everything do run fine.. I just didn't understand why it happened. But as far as not being able to start, you think it could just be a fuse? I've had the bike fr over a year and never had any problems what so ever

Comment

probably just a fuse but you should do something about it so you dont continue having this problem an possibly melting wires
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Yeah I do need to figure out something to take care off that issue, but I appreciate the help guys. Isn't there another fuse that runs to the starter on the right side?

Comment

I believe it's on the starter relay...right side, heavy red wires going to it with a rubber boot on it.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X