No announcement yet.
X

1988 katana 600 fuel gauge issues ????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 katana 600 fuel gauge issues ????

I did a search and didn't find anything about this. I noticed the fuel gauge not working and I was wondering if there is a common problem with either the sending unit or the gauge ?? Or, where I should start looking. Any help would be appreciated. Thx, Dave.

Originally posted by dsrdave View Post
    I did a search and didn't find anything about this. I noticed the fuel gauge not working and I was wondering if there is a common problem with either the sending unit or the gauge ?? Or, where I should start looking. Any help would be appreciated. Thx, Dave.
    Could be either one really. Mine has the same issue. I'f start by verifying you have a good connection on the wires coming out of the sending unit. They connect near the front of the airbox and the wires are black and yellow I believe.

Comment

I have gauge issues myself. While removing all components, prior to a full clean and re-coat of the inside of the tank, I discovered the sender unit had some serious corrosion issues. New sender for me!
      I was getting intermittent readings though, not a full blackout.

Comment

Gauge

I have the problem with the gauge only reads 1/4 when the tank is full, then runs down to below empty when lower. Was going to just put up with it, but by the sounds of your problems I might be able to fix it. wiring connections seem to be good and clean by the way so I'll have to look further into that later.

Comment

Working...
        X