X

problem with break lights NEED HELP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with break lights NEED HELP!

I got a Led break light that has 3 wires coming from it. after i hooked it up and hit my breaks, it wouldnt do anything. I took the breaklight relay off and the light turned off but when i use my breaks the light lit up. any ideas guys?
    1990 katana 750

Add me on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=741205460

First, its brake(s)
    Are you using your hand or foot brake?

Comment

Did you brake it? Breaks can be tricky.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Did you brake it? Breaks can be tricky.
        I see what you did there!!!!!

Comment

Did you wire them yourself or did the LED light come with its own connector? I recently bought a brake light flasher that has OEM connectors on it. It didn't work because the constant 12v and brake signal were wired backwards on my bike. I'd say get a test light/multimeter and make sure the right wires are connected to each side of the harness...

Comment

Sounds like a wiring problem. As indianboy7 says trouble light and multimeter will helpbyou out. Also check your wiring diagram if you have one.
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Wiring and/or polarity issue. Three wires - one for the brake light, one for the running light, and one for ground/common. Use a multimeter to confirm that voltage is present when it should be (i.e., voltage when pressing brake, no voltage when not pressing brake) on the wire for the brake light. The wire with constant voltage is for the running light.

Unlike regular light bulbs, LED's will only light when the polarity is correct.
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

thanks guys. Im gonna check if I have the wires connected right in the morning and ill update you
                1990 katana 750

Add me on Facebook
                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=741205460

Comment

Working...
                X