X

No power after accidentally hitting start button with bike on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power after accidentally hitting start button with bike on

Hello all, I'm a first time poster who has been lurking the forum for a while now as I get my katana back on the road. There is loads of great information and knowledgeable people around here. Now hopefully someone has some advice..
    Its a 93 katana 600.

Now then, i accidentally put my palm on the start button while the bike was already running and heard a pop, similar to the sound of a fuse blowing. The bike turned off and i now have no power to anything at all. I checked the fuses behind the right rear panel and all of them were fine. I know there is supposed to be a circuit breaker somewhere on the front of the battery box, but ive searched every inch of the bike and cant find it. all ive been able to locate is what looks like a relay with one big red braided wire and two smaller wires, (one yellow and green and one black and white) coming into it mounted to the side of the battery box. It has a thicker black wire coming out and leading to the starter. Could this have blown or broken somehow?

Im at wits end, anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by Spectre023; 10-11-2012, 09:05 PM.

the breaker should be under the left tail panel if I remember correct
    has a push button on it

follow the red cable(+) away from the battery
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Main fuse on starter solenoid ?
      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

breaker is between the tank and battey on the right side, white with red dot on top. push the dot.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The bike is up and running. It was an internal battery short. I think the breaker would have prevented it from happening, but I suspect the previous owner may have removed and bypassed it. Got a warranty exchange on the battery and all is well.

Now I need to replace that breaker before it happens again.

Comment

Working...
          X