X

What is this connector for? Orange/Yellow, Black/White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this connector for? Orange/Yellow, Black/White

Can't get bike started after removing fairings & lights. I re-connected all lights & they work. All fuses are good.

Can you tell me what this 2 pin connector is for?
    Wires are orange/yellow & black/white located on right side below gas tank. I do not see anywhere it should plug into.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smorris65; 10-08-2012, 09:39 PM.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

Pre or post Kat?
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

post, 03 750

Comment

I'm guessing fuel tank gauge sender??? But that won't stop it running. Have a look at the diagrams in section 8 of the manual and see if you can isolate it.
        Last edited by TRPUT; 10-09-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Bike had a little gas in it. You could see and hear it slosh around, but my dad added gas and started the bike. He's a genius.

I still would like to know what the connector is for.
          Thanks

Comment

Yeh - they tend to need fuel. See above. Or it could be some obsolete plug for emission control you don't need / rear brake switch ... ??
            Last edited by TRPUT; 10-09-2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

It did have at least 1/4 gallon in there. Bike is a Cali model so has all emission control that could be installed. I'll get a better pic because I know someone on here can identify it.

Comment

It's an O/Y - B/W set of wires that connect via a plug to the carb heaters for UK models which means you will have that plug as excess baggage.

Comment

When I replaced the motor in my Kat I had trouble starting it cause I forgot to replug in the kickstand kill switch...just an idea
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                    It's an O/Y - B/W set of wires that connect via a plug to the carb heaters for UK models which means you will have that plug as excess baggage.
                    Thank you very much.

Comment

Don't mean to necro the thread, but have a question. Does this plug have switched power by any chance? Reason I'm asking is because I'm going to be installing Illumiglo gauges in my Kat soon and need a switched power source for them (don't want to use the third eye since that just seems to cause problems). I saw a reference in one of the install threads to an unused plug along the right side frame w/ orange & black/white wires and wondered if this was that plug.

Thanks, and sorry again for the necromancy.

Comment

There is a larger unused plug (also for the emissions crap) on the right hand side up by the turnsignal which have switched power. I use this for my heated grips.
                        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Very cool. Thanks much for the info.

Comment

Working...
                          X