X

so my 05 750 was stolen and they cut the wiring harness:(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so my 05 750 was stolen and they cut the wiring harness:(

Im trying to look at the good side---i got it back. They hammered up the ignition so the key wont work, then cut the harness about an inch below the ignition. I removed the ignition, got the wiring diagram, and just want to see if it will start and what other damage, besides the obvious was done. They twisted all the wirws together. No fuses were blown, but after I charged the battery, I hooked up just the light wires and nothing. I put a toggle, I'm waiting for new ignition switch but am impatient, with the red and Orange wire. according to the diagram, this should at least let me turn it over right? I can't even get power to the clock. Any ideas? Any help would be seriously appreciated.

If you just hooked up the lighting portion of the harness you probably had a ground wire that wasn't connected somewhere. Your bes bet will probably be to wait on the new harness/ignition unless you are pretty handy with wiring diagrams. Glad you got it back though and good luck with the repairs
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

You are not going to start it without either a genuine ignition or the correct resistor on the correct wire !

You are not going to start it without either the correct ignition or the correct resistor on the correct wire !
      Last edited by tone; 09-29-2012, 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
      X