X

91 GSX750F Neutral Switch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 GSX750F Neutral Switch?

My bike was seemingly in good working condition as of yesterday, but as of today it will not start, nor will it go in to neutral (edit). There is no neutral light showing at all, and no matter how much I rock it, it still wont engage neutral (although it will go down in gears). I checked my clutch switch on the left handlebar, unscrewed it, took it apart, cleaned it, and analyzed it, it seemed to be making a connection. Go to start the bike and STILL nothing. Now is it the neutral switch that could be causing this? The bike tipped over in the garage and hit the floor, on its left side. Not sure if this dislodged anything, but before I go digging for the switch, I'd see if anyone here had any other ideas.

Last edited by Hittman; 08-30-2012, 05:41 PM.

If you cant get it into 1st gear, that's mechanical.. you mentioned it fell over.. did it damage any of the shift linkage at all?

The switch has nothing to do with the transmissions mechanical ability to move thru the gears. The switch only provides a ground to turn the light on and to keep you from starting the engine with it shifted in gear, which seems to be your issue.. solve your shifting issu and you should be fine.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

The bike actually just fell on to a stack of cardboard boxes, I will check the shifter linkage tonight.

ALSO

I CAN get into first gear...2nd gear...etc.

I just CANNOT get into neutral.

Just for clarification.
      Last edited by Hittman; 08-30-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Checked my shift linkage, clutch cable...everything seems to be in working order...I'm thinking this is electrical...any help is appreciated.

Comment

Fixed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hittman View Post
            Fixed it!
            this is where you state what you did to fix your problem.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Not being able to hit neutral has nothing to do with electricity.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
              X