ignition cylinder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition cylinder

hey guys,
    my bike is stumbling a little bit off the start and then kicking in. i want to check the resistance on my ignition cylinders.
    i was wondering if anyone knew what range the ohms are suppost to be between on a properly working ignition cylinder.

That's not ignition switch. That's either coils, or most likely dirty carbs. Possibly dirty spark plugs, but most likely carbs.

Comment

Check for plug wires/plug caps arcing on the motor as well...

Just ran across that one after alot of chasing other problems.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I think he is using a translator and put Cylinders instead of coils in the question he asked.
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
          I think he is using a translator and put Cylinders instead of coils in the question he asked.
          Ah, that could very well be. Some people call the ignition switch an ignition cylinder.

Comment

ok awesome, i meant coils. now that we have established that i get my words mixed up from time to time; does anyone know what the range is supposed to be on the coils??

Comment

Service manual has everything you need to know.

Comment

thanks redkat

Comment

Working...
                X