X

Opinions of "Big Crank" battery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions of "Big Crank" battery

Hey, I'll try to keep this short. Need a new battery. I work at a parts store and the best deal I can get even with my discount on a Magna Power sealed battery is $75. Only one review on their site, but it's positive at least.
    Local bike shop was even worse. $90 for their best battery and $80 for a BikeMaster, which the sales guy had heard nothing back from customers about.

Found this

Battery Mart is a local business and they've always carried great products. I've never heard a bad thing about any of their batteries, ever. My cousin and I used to have them make custom batteries for my airsoft rifles with great success. I assume that the Big Crank should be no exception to their great product selection, but if I'm going to drop $65 on it I just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with them. Thanks in advance.

Also - If anyone knows where I can get a better deal including shipping, please speak up!
    sigpic
    "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."
    "Katrina" 2001 750 Black/Anthracite

I have a walmart neverstart battery. no problem so far. it has 235 cca. the one you highlighted only has 120cca.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I went and bought the magna a week ago, took some modification to make it work on my 636.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

make sure you are comparing apples to apples
        cold cranking amps and wet , gel or maintenance free

I think all wally world batteries are acid filled , most places wont /cant ship them
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

120 CCA is the recommended for my bike.

I'm in the market for maintenance-free batteries. I've been told to avoid acid filled batteries by some people because they don't last as long, and others have said they work just as well. I'm just not taking a chance.

The PO installed a Deka right before I bought it (manufacture date was 01/10) and it only lasted two riding seasons. It's a maintenance-free EXT9 (stock size).
          sigpic
          "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
            make sure you are comparing apples to apples
            cold cranking amps and wet , gel or maintenance free

I think all wally world batteries are acid filled , most places wont /cant ship them
            it is an AGM battery and comes with the acid in a sealed container. I had to replace the one that was in my Kat when I bought it because I added water to it because I thought it was low.(D'OH) it is maintenance free. whatever kind you get make sure it properly secured. vibrations kill batteries faster.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Do you think fitting some high-quality neoprene (or something similar) under and around my battery help with the vibration, or should I just trust Suzuki did the best job they could?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder View Post
                Do you think fitting some high-quality neoprene (or something similar) under and around my battery help with the vibration, or should I just trust Suzuki did the best job they could?
                Dont ever do that. My battery sits in a plastic tray with no strap and no damping at all, and I can guarantee Kawi put more thought into my bike than Suzuki did with the Katana.

I've been thinking about using some extra gutter guard I have laying around to try and help it a bit.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have some extra padding left over from putting a Shorai in the wifes sv.. you can have it if you want it. Shorai units come with sticky backed padding of different thicknesses.
                  http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Oh I've got some neoprene with kevlar stitching for durability leftover from when I had some tactical gear custom tailored a few years back. I bought way too much for what I needed (just reinforcing the knees of my BDUs and the shoulder straps on my MOLLE vest) and that should work just great. Thanks though!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ended up getting batterymart's "cheaper" battery. After I talked to the sales guy he said that the only real difference is that on the more expensive one, it is shipped to the store filled, charged, and ready to go. With the cheaper one you normally would have to do all that, but wethey do that for you.

They really have excellent customer service and I recommend them for anyone looking for a new battery at a good price (as long as you don't mind waiting 2-3 days to have it shipped).

$43 with the core.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X