X

trickle charger stoped trickling..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickle charger stoped trickling..

well i put my bike on the charger last night because the battery seemed low. i wake up this morning and the garage smells like rotten eggs. well after a few choice words i now need a new battery, on the best riding day we have had since last summer, and the local bike shop is closed. aint that a b@#ch!!!!!
    sigpic
    "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
    "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

without you saying what brand I bet it wasnt a Battery Tender unit

I had the same happen with the harbour frieght unit
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

it was a craftsman but it was old.
      sigpic
      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

welcome to overcharging a led acid battery 101.
        your battery was low because it was dry. Thats when you get the smell.

buy a new battery and a smart charger like the battery tender jr.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Yea it was a cheapie bike master battery. Any good brands for a decent price?
          sigpic

Comment

on the other note, will craftsman sears give you a new battery charger? or i guess thats just tools
            sigpic

Comment

Yuasa is the brand all other batteries compete with.
              for $70+ for a YTX9BS there really is no reason to buy a cheaper one.

However if you find a parts unlimited dealer the Parts unlimited brand is a Yuasa and about $10 cheaper usually.
              remember the FIRST charge is ALWAYS the most important and must be charged with a proper charger. The battery tender JR is an initialization charger with automatic charge and storage modes.

The YTX9BS will require you to move the battery cables around but it will fit and is a better battery then the conventional unsealed OE style.
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
              X