No announcement yet.
X

help! turn the key and nothing happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you are checking for voltage at the battery and fuse (iirc you said you have 12 volts) what are you using for ground to the meter (Battery post or chassis) I'm going to assume battery post and then suggest maybe checking for a bad ground, loose or dirty connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
      I guess what I find puzzling is that the OP was riding it without a problem weeks before. I know this may sound wierd, but if the kill switch is on.... will anything electrical work?
      Yup, the lights will work.

Comment

sorry guys been busy the past few weeks but thanks for all the help there is power at the fuse box. still trying to figure the problem out im thinking of buying a whole new wire harness and rewire the whole bike during this bad weather.

Comment

I'm going through a similar issue (kinda) with a 94 kat 600. The bike cranks, but no lights come on on the dash, not even the oil light. everything's plugged in upfront.

Then i started to look for the breaker, and i realized that mine is missing. and I cant seem to find the wires to it either...

Comment

Working...
          X