X

Getting ready to HID my pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready to HID my pre

I am looking at getting this kit to add to my 95 gsx600f http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=927

Has anyone here used it?

Also, I've seen a lot of reference to circular headlights when dealing with HID upgrades and haven't seen any picture examples of HIDs on a pre with the squarish housing. Is there a reason for this? Are there any considerations I am overlooking.

I will probably order the kit Saturday so it is home when I get home later in the week. If all goes well I will post a nice how to for the pre.

How are you going to mount the lamp? you will not get the correct beam if placed behind the stock lens due to the lens not being clear. your light focus will be all over the place. either make a lamp delete or buy one first. They do make a dual lamp retrofit, not cheap though
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Keep us posted
      1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

good to know about the lens. I will have to figure that out before I order.

I was going to mount it so I can use the stock aiming knobs. I haven't had it apart yet, so I'm not sure about the specifics, but I was envisioning cutting back the reflector and lining what remains w/ carbon fiber overlay or cutting out the reflector and fabricating a bracket that I would somehow attach.

Comment

Working...
        X